At The Spinney Care Home, we are committed to providing high-quality care that is effective and responsive, delivered by an expert team that is well-led and supported in an environment that is safe and secure enabling residents to enjoy a better quality of life.
Here is what the Care Quality Commission (CQC) said about our home:
- The experiences of people who lived at the home were positive. People were supported by kind and caring staff who treated people as individuals and with dignity and respect. They were supported to have maximum choice and control of their lives and staff supported them in the least restrictive way possible and in their best interests; the policies and systems in the service supported this practice.
- Staff was heard giving people choices and respecting their wishes. One relative said,” Staff absolutely understand people’s needs.”One staff member said,” It is about the individual and what they like, dislike, hobbies. It is about building care around them so that it is more person-centered.”
- People and their relatives told us they felt service was safe and the staff was good at their job. A relative said, ” My relative is undoubtedly safe here.” Another relative told us, ” The home is light, bright and spotlessly clean.” One person told us, “The staff are absolutely brilliant.”
- People had staff support to access activities in the home and the community. People’s communication needs were identified, and their end of life wishes was explored.
- A relative commented, ” There are daily activities as well as a wine and cheese party, and garden party.” Another relative said.” Staff is very encouraging to my relative to take part in activities.”
- One person said, “The manager is very good.” A relative told us,” Manager is fantastic. The office door is always open and she gave us an email address so that we could contact her at any time.” Another relative said, “If I ever needed to go into a home, it should be this one.”