Carebase signs up to The Dementia Pledge
Carebase is proud to have recently signed up to The Dementia Pledge.
Carebase is proud to have recently signed up to The Dementia Pledge. This commitment reflects the Carebase commitment to developing its workforce’s understanding of dementia and adapting the service to meet the needs of the person living with dementia.
Carebase has always offered caring and compassionate homes to many residents living through the later stages of dementia and is dedicated to offering the very best in dementia care.
Signing up to The Dementia Pledge further demonstrates Carebase’s commitment to ensuring it meets the Pledge’s principles, which include:
• Know the person who is living with dementia
• Quality care, quality life
• Everybody has a leadership role
• Value focused care
The Dementia Pledge is a practical way in which Carebase can demonstrate its commitment to developing the best possible workforce to provide the best care and support.
This Pledge has been created by the Department of Health Working Group and the National Dementia Strategy – two groups that have been working together to address the quality of the workforce, whilst recognising that nothing less than excellent dementia care is acceptable.
The overall aims of the Pledge are to:
• Ensure that people who deliver adult social care services fully understand and meet the needs of the person with dementia and their families
• Ensure commissioners are committed to commission for quality, and only commission services from providers who demonstrate their workforce understand the needs of people with dementia and are committed to providing excellent dementia care
• Increase public awareness of excellent dementia care and make them intolerant of anything less
Carebase is delighted to be part of such an important step forward in striving to provide excellent dementia care in the UK. The hope is that every organisation that cares for those living with dementia signs The Dementia Pledge to provide the best possible care and support.
For more information visit: www.dementiapledge.co.uk